söndag 28 september 2014

death of an innocent

I went to a party, mom
remembering what you said
You told me not to drink, mom
so I drank soda instead.

I really felt proud inside, mom
the way you said I would
I didn´t drink and drive, mom
even though the others said I should.

I know I did the right thing, mom
I know you were always right
Now the party is finally ending, mom
and everyone is driving out of sight.

As I got into my car, mom
I knew i´d get home in one piece
Because of the way you raised me, mom
so responsible and sweet.

I started to drive away, mom
but as I pulled into the road
the other car didn´t see me, mom
and hit me like a load.

As I lay there on the pavement, mom
i hear the policeman say
the other guy is drunk, mom
and I´m the one who will pay.

I´m lying here dying, mom
I wish you´d get here soon
How could this happen to me, mom
my life just burst like a balloon.

There is blood all around me, mom
and most of it is mine
I hear the medic say, mom
I will die in a very short time.

I just wanted to tell you, mom
I swear I didn´t drink
It was the others, mom
the others that didn´t think.

(He probably was at the same party as I,
the difference is, he drank and I will die)

Why do people drink, mom
when it can ruin a whole life?
I´m feeling sharp pains now, mom
pains just like a knife.

The guy who hit me is walking, mom
and I don´t think it´s fair.
I´m lying here dying, mom
and all he does is stare.

Tell my brother not to cry, mom
tell daddy to be brave.
And when I go to heaven, mom
put "Daddys girl" on my grave.

Someone should have told him, mom
not to drink and drive.
If only they had told him, mom
I would still be alive.

My breath is getting shorter, mom
I´m becoming very scared.
Please don´t cry for me, mom
when I needed you, you were always there.

I have one last question, mom
before I say goodbye.
I didn´t drive and drink, mom
so why am I to die?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar